What is required if an owner died with a Will (testate) – in the county and state where the property is located?
Please provide the following estate documents:
- Copy of the Death Certificate
- Copy of the Order Admitting Will to Probate
- Copy of the Letters Testamentary
- Copy of the Last Will and Testament (probated and recorded in the county where the property is located)
- Contact information for an estate representative
Based upon the letters testamentary, LME may pay the proceeds, if any, attributable to this interest directly to the estate upon receipt of a W9 Tax Form with an appropriate federal tax identification number. Once the estate has been finalized, the real property will need to be conveyed from the estate to the beneficiaries and/or new owners through a recorded conveyance document. LME will require a copy of the recorded conveyance document and W9 Tax Form from the beneficiaries of the estate and/or new owners
Scan the necessary documents and send via email to Info@laurelmountainenergy.com or fax to 412-833-4339. You can also mail your documents to
LME address at the top of this FAQ’s sheet.
ATTN: Land Department