What is required if an owner died with a Will (testate) in a state other than where the property is located?
Ancillary probate proceedings may be required. It is recommended you contact an attorney licensed in Pennsylvania to determine what is all required. In addition, please provide the following estate documents:
• Copy of the Death Certificate
• Copy of the Order Admitting Will to Probate
• Copy of the Letters Testamentary
• Copy of the Last Will and Testament (probated and recorded in the county where the property is located)
• Contact information for an estate representative
Based upon the letters testamentary, LME may pay the proceeds, if any, attributable to this interest directly to the estate upon receipt of a W9 Tax Form with an appropriate federal tax identification number. Once the estate has been finalized, the real property will need to be conveyed from the estate to the beneficiaries and/or new owners through a recorded conveyance document. LME will require a copy of the recorded conveyance document and W9 Tax Form from the beneficiaries of the estate and/or new owners
Scan the necessary documents and send via email to Info@laurelmountainenergy.com or fax to 412-833-4339. You can also mail your documents to
LME address at the top of this FAQ’s sheet.
ATTN: Land Department